7.01.2012

Blogger Interview: Sarah's Reviews


Today I have a blogger interview for you today! Meet Sarah from Sarah's Reviews!


Name:
Sarah

Blog name:
Sarah's Reviews

Blog address:

When and Why did you start book blogging?
Originally, I just wanted to teach myself how to write book reviews, but I soon decided that my calling in the book blogging community was content based reviews. This means I write short (normally two paragraph) reviews focused on profanity, violence, sexuality etc. I don't try to tell the readers what I think or if they should read the book, just give them a concise idea of what they'll encounter so that they can decide if it's something they want to read. Some people take the content warnings as a discouragement, other say it makes them want to read the books that much more. So yeah, that's why I blog! :-)

What have you found to be the hardest thing about book blogging?
Time. Writing reviews takes me anywhere from fifteen minutes to a day or two - if I'm really stumped on what to say - but reading the books can take anywhere from 1 to 40 hours before I can even begin writing the review. Finding enough time to read enough books that I can post regularly and still function as a mother and wife is a huge challenge.


How many books do you review/read a week?
Depending on the week anywhere from 0 to 6. Although I post them at a slower rate to ensure that my readers always have a new review coming when I get lazy, busy or sick.


If you were stranded on an island and could only have 3 books with you, what would they be?
I would definitely choose my Bible, and two survival books. :-)


If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be?
Oh boy, about a half dozen come to mind, but I would have to say Jim Butcher. The way he weaves such fast paced, intricate plots is amazing.

Thank you so much for having me here today!
Sarah's Short Bio:
Sarah is a wife, mother, and follower of Jesus Christ who loves reading, blogging, music, plants, spending time with her family, and teaching herself how to write. She started her book review blog, Sarah's Reviews, in July of 2010 and has enjoyed watching it grow in the years since.

1 comment: